SOLA SALON STUDIOS TWIN CITIES SPOTLIGHT: Q&A WITH FRANCINE BRIER
1. How did you decide to become a hairstylist? When I was 10 years old, my mom took my cousin and I to get our nails done. The woman doing mine did nail art on each nail! As a child who loved crafts, that was the most amazing thing I had ever seen! I was hooked after that. Then, I learned there was more than doing just nails…there was hair!
2. How many years of experience do you have in the industry? This July will be 12.
3. What do you like most about your career? I like knowing that I am able to help people feel their best. It is social and of course it is fun to go to work everyday. Each day is different!
4. What has been your career progression since graduating beauty school? I started as an employee at a salon spa. I really enjoyed the people I worked with but then they closed after I was there for three years. I gained a lot of knowledge and had amazing clients that followed me to my next salon, where I was employed for 8 years. Last February, I found out that the salon was closing so I knew I needed to make the change to for something different, I wanted more for myself and my clients. I found out about the Sola opening in Blaine and this last year has been amazing!
5. What is the biggest change from working in a traditional salon? I like being able to set my own hours. If I need to stay late or come in early for someone, I don’t have to get it okayed by a boss. And if it is loud, I can shut my door!
6. What do you like most about Sola? I love how clean and well kept the building is. I also like knowing that I am in a secure building for those later nights when I work. All the people who work here are amazing. Everyone is warm, friendly, and willing to help out when needed. I have learned that even though it is our own business, everyone is really supportive and wants you to succeed! Also, I was really nervous in the beginning about finding education on my own, but the fact that Sola Salon Studios Twin Cities offers free classes is amazing!
7. What do your clients think about your studio? My clients love it! I have always worked in more of a spa-like setting so this fits in well for them. I had the walls painted blue so it would feel more relaxing and I have kept the décor all white and grey to keep with that spa feel. My clients like the personalized attention they get as well as the services personalized for them. They have also really liked how they can make their appointments with me or at any time by booking online.
8. How has being in business fir yourself at Sola helped your career move forward? I feel more proud of who I am and what I do. It is an amazing feeling to be able to tell someone that you own your own salon!
9. How has selling your own retail enhanced the service that your provide your clients? I think my clients like knowing that they are supporting a small business. I feel like I get more feedback about things than I did before in the traditional salon setting.
10. What is unique about your business, La Bella Vous? It can be a very relaxing environment where you can get your color retouched and nails done, all while sipping on some Cinnamon Dolce coffee or Chai Tea! Or it can be a little crazy and I can make your hair look like a mermaid with a funky color and extensions! Francine loves taking classes to stay up to date on new styles, color techniques, and new products. She loves to share that education with her clients…who doesn’t love learning a new way to style their hair! New clients always get $10 off their first service and for every client who refers a friend or family member, both parties get $10 off their next service! To book an appointment with Francine, click the “Book Now” button above.