Posted on January 13, 2021
Sola Salon Studios
According to the U.S. News, 80 percent of all New Year’s resolutions fall flat by February. Why? Because people make resolutions without creating a plan of action to achieve their goals. At Sola, it’s our mission to help you succeed by giving you the support and tools you need to turn your resolutions into realities.
So this year, don’t just dream about what you want to accomplish, let Sola help you create a plan to get there! Check out these 5 ways to not only be a goal-setter but a goal-getter in 2021 👊
1. Find Your Why: Before going all-out in resolution mode, you need to take a step back and find your "Why." Why did you get started on your career path in the first place? What gets you out of bed in the morning and what keeps you going for it when times get tough (like pandemic-level tough)?
A good tip is to evaluate and reflect on your current situation. What is your satisfaction level with the way things are right now? Where would you like it to be? From there, you will be much more motivated to set a goal and make a plan.
2. Write it Down: It may sound cliché, but writing down your goals will give you a clearer vision of exactly what you want. Think about it like having a map (#throwback). When you have in front of you exactly where you are trying to go, you're much less likely to get lost than attempting to go off of memory. Having a clear, concise direction laid out will make following your action steps that much easier.
3. Be SMART: A wise person once said, "A goal without a plan is just a dream"... Make your dreams come to life by creating SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-sensitive.
Do your 2021 goals pass the SMART test? If so, great! And if not, modify them a bit. Setting goals that do not align with the above can quickly become overwhelming, frustrating, and/or defeating. P.s...Setting smaller goals at first can help you create healthy habits to later set bigger goals 🙌
4. Stay Accountable: Staying on track and holding yourself accountable is often the hardest step of goal-getting. There are a few ways to tackle this:
5. Remember, Sola's Got Your Back: Our mission at Sola is simple: To inspire and support beauty professionals to chase their dreams, elevate their careers, and experience the freedom of salon ownership. So when you're out there goal-getting, don't forget to lean on Sola's tools and resources.
Do you strive to grow your book of business or level up your education? Whether you prefer to read the Sola Blog for business and marketing tips, listen to the Sola Stories Podcast for inspo on-the-go, or attend our webinars with industry greats, we've got you covered on the Sola Pro app - no matter your learning style.
P.s...all recorded webinars are available for Sola pros to watch on-demand.
What about resolving to get organized? SolaGenius will get your business more organized than ever with its user-friendly online booking, automated appointment reminders, client notes and receipt tracking features. Plus, with its easy to use reporting and analytics feature, you can easily measure those SMART goals any time, anywhere in the palm of your hand.
May your New Year be filled with beautiful, new experiences and dreams that turn into plans. Here’s to goal-getting in 2021 🌟💭